No announcement yet.

New to me 1965 WM300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the circulation scare from my other post, got it all sorted this morning and took it for about a 15 mile shake down. Glad to say, no runs, no drips no errors. Still waiting on a temperature sender which I hope is the only issue with my temp gauge. Here's how she sat today.... a far cry and many man hours from my first post.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's my "other". 2001 Cummins w/ 110K on the clock...had the dreaded 47RE failure about 3K ago, hopefully that will be my last big ticket item for it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking Dodge trucks! Your '01 is an identical twin to mine.What happened to the trans,solenoid pack or something more severe? The 47RE is a good trans if line pressure is increased and solenoids are updated.

Comment

Got it with 106K, by 108.5K the trans was burnt. I pulled the pan and part of the tensioner was sitting at the bottom. Likely never serviced. I got a new one built for 100+ extra hp, nothing too crazy. Still need to increase the line pressure on this one too, that and or adjust the slack stop for the tv lever. It still shuttles under 35 mph at 1000-1400 rpms. You step on the gas the rpms raise for a second and then drop. Really annoying. Doesn't do it as bad, oddly enough, when riding around in OD. I know this is a no no but I have been doing it until I can get the time to adjust it.

Comment

After hemming and hawing about which online tire store I was going to give my money to, I checked with my local guy Cheever Tire. $194 for the Power King NR50's WITH flaps and tubes, ultimately cheaper than the online retails and no shipping. $90 to install which took about 2 1/2 hours.
            The ride quality has elevated from really terrible to just mildly awful. It's actually just very bumpy probably due to the keeper springs in the rear. With the 36" tires now I can actually approach 50 mph down hill. Been daily driving it for a couple of weeks now and loving it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X