Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd M
    replied
    Finally got the last parts painted -cab and every forward of that. Can’t wait to get it after it has been wet sanded and buffed.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Todd M
    replied
    Well the engine, transmission, transfer case, and fuel tank have been installed.

Slight delay as the transmission had to be removed because the 8 pin connector was broken somewhere between getting to the paint shop and coming back. What is ironic that part was fixed already once before paint because it leaked.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• texcwa
    replied
    Looks great, what motor, trans and transfer case are they? doesn't look like mine.

Leave a comment:

• Todd M
    replied
    Painted engine, transmission, transfer case, and misc parts came back today. Not quite ready to install but someone is excited to see items coming back from the painters.

I decided to paint it all as one as I had seen previous photos of individuals who had done the same and liked it. There are pros and cons for doing it this way. Time will tell if I made the decision in hindsight I would agree with.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Todd M
    replied
    Thanks, it took some modifications from the original attempt to get suspension correct so it was not at either end of the movement - this will be a daily driver and not an off-road machine - and the overall stance.

I have ordered some Odie’s as it can not hurt and will test it out.

Still working on minor items in preparation of getting the engine/transmission/transfer case and gas tank back next week from the painters - tapping the frame for grounds, mounts for several misc control boxes, cable/line clamps, cleaning/retapping existing threaded holes that were painted, polishing/cleaning lines, etc.

Leave a comment:

• texcwa
    replied
    Nice suspension system on the new frame. I used to help pit crew for the Dynomax car in the King of the Hammers races sponsored by King Suspension. (the car used to be sponsored by Rancho Suspension but King made use change its skin to Dyno!!, Rancho owns Dynomax).

As for the wax on your polished metal parts, not sure but I used Odie's on all my wood which is an oil/wax compound and says to be used on wood, concrete, leather and metal? Might want to look into it.

Leave a comment:

• Todd M
    replied
    Well all the strips have been a polished/buffed to a high shine.

My question is do these need to be waxed? It was mentioned to me that they should be. If so is there and particular wax that should be used?

Leave a comment:

• Todd M
    replied
    Getting ready for putting the bed back on my Orange truck by doing some polishing of the stainless steel bed strips and the bolts. Still have 4 strips left to polish/buff but the bolts turned out better then I thought.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Todd M
    replied
    I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me this past year. May everyone’s project proceed smoothly this coming year.

Leave a comment:

• Todd M
    replied
    The assembly of the truck is finally underway.

Cab, engine, transmission, and transfer case will be waiting for 2023 to be painted.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Todd M
    replied
    Don,
    They have wet sanded the bed panels last week and are painting the chassis / drive train this week. Cab hopefully too but will probably have to wait until they come back next year.

I passed on painting this truck as I am looking for a top notch job.

Your bed is looking great and the black oak has some great character that will look awesome once you stain it.

Leave a comment:

• texcwa
    replied
    Looks fantastic, whish I could do body work and paint. Have you started painting on the extended cab? I'm still working on the flatbed. Got the frame finished, picked up the milled wood (using Black Oak, a bit different than White or Red but is the type of Oaks grown in our area and has a great grain pattern, see attached). Does not have finish on it yet, thinking of using Odie's Oil with light stain mixed into it and still need to drill and fasten 6 of the boards then sand down bed to make nice and flat.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Todd M
    replied
    Finally painting the truck that started close to 6 years ago.

it is good to see. But knowing that there is still a long way to go before completion I only hope there are no more serious delays.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Todd M
    replied
    Well I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

My apologies I haven’t posted on my projects in awhile.

So I pulled the engine / transmission on my original power wagon and found that one cylinder will have to be bored past 0.06 to fix the scoring at the top of cylinder 1. Trying to figure out a good solution on that one.

The second truck (actually the first one I started working on and had the cab stretched 5”) after getting out of legal /court has moved along. First it was sent up north to get a 2006 Dodge 2500 drive train installed on a custom built frame. From there I had to many items to get it ready to be moved to paint. Some include
    - modified the front support to get the shocks in the mid range and the level of the truck I wanted
    - completed the firewall to maintain max room in the cab for pedals
    - mounted the bed
    - fabricated mounts for spare tire that was moved to the bed. Stuck to far out to be above the running boards.
    - mounted additional automatic running board steps under the current running boards.

Leave a comment:

• Doc Dave
    replied
    Thank you for the Christmas wishes, and here’s to a good and productive New Year.
    Also, thank you for all the time you took to take photos and post them for posterity- will help others with similar ideas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X