WTB- '81-'85 W250-W350 Crew Cab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crew Cab

I don't know how to post the link, but there is an '81 ex USAF Crew Cab W250 on ebay right now. About a day and a half left. The seller says it has just been purchased a few weeks ago out of the Government sale in Montana, and shipped to him in Iowa. I don't think he is on the board here, as I haven't seen it posted.

Comment

here ya go!

Originally posted by USN78W150 View Post
      I don't know how to post the link, but there is an '81 ex USAF Crew Cab W250 on ebay right now. About a day and a half left. The seller says it has just been purchased a few weeks ago out of the Government sale in Montana, and shipped to him in Iowa. I don't think he is on the board here, as I haven't seen it posted.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w250-...item3cb3d62152

Yes Montana unloaded over a dozen crew cabs last Nov. I see they have appreciated in value somewhat.

Bucky

Comment

Crew Cab

Thanks for bringing that up, Bucky. Somewhat in this case is an extreme understatement. How much were they going for on average from that auction in November? I recall looking at the listings a day or so before the bidding closed, and most seemed to be in the 500 to 1,400 range, with the '69 W200 bid up to about 2,200 at that time. Would love to know what they went for. Thank God I already have one, as the asking prices seem to be going crazy nowadays.

Comment

Talk about "flipping"!

One went on Craigslist shortly after the sale. It was relatively close to here so I contacted the guy. Price wasn't bad but then he added that it was still in Montana and I'd have to pick it up...

I've never been able to tell what the final selling price was on that site.
          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
            Talk about "flipping"!

One went on Craigslist shortly after the sale. It was relatively close to here so I contacted the guy. Price wasn't bad but then he added that it was still in Montana and I'd have to pick it up...

I've never been able to tell what the final selling price was on that site.
            That's the American way these days, everyone is a middleman. Nothing much is "produced" in this country anymore, at least not like in the past. We are a service oriented society, its all about convenience. I have been a middleman myself, bought a "donor truck" that sat in a pasture since 1985, transported it here, dismantled it & then advertised/sold/shipped parts over the internet. I technically didn't "create/manufacture" anything, just made the parts more convenient for those who needed them to get them. I made a profit, but did invest time/money/effort in doing so.

Today people want to buy & sell stuff for a profit w/o ever setting eyes on it. Our whole commodities/secondary market is set up this way. Its all about risk/return & takes money to play. Sweat is becoming less of a way to produce an income.

Bucky

Comment

Sad but true.

You, 712edf, at least provided a service by storing, dismantling, advertising & shipping. At each point and between you suffered a ceratin risk to your investment. This guy (and those you refer to are like little bernie madoffs, a little initial investment and then flip it with no real value added. OK, maybe thats a huge and loose exageration but you see what I mean.

I guess there is actually nothing wrong with it though. They were in the right place at the right time with the right cash. The rest of us weren't and he should profit from his circumstance. Oh well, I've strayed too far into politicks already...
              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

put me down for a crew cab to. im looking for a 4x4 short or long box. would prefer some thing running but will look at any thing thats not a basket case. auto tranny so the wife will drive it. im in nebraska .

also i do know where a few are with auto trannys but not ready to drive and you cant get to them till summer. im hoping to find one sooner then that with any luck. also i know where 1 is with a manual tranny that runs and drives but its a manual and again have to wait till summer. these are in wyoming.

let me know if you guys find one around my area. thanks

Comment

Here you go Bucky

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/a...71QSCI11131302

Right around the corner from you. Its listed as a '68 Kaiser but it looks more like a '70s crew cab W200...

Also have a pair of 1970 W300s on there http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/a...71QSCI11131386
                  http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/a...71QSCI11131395

Odd that OK GSA automaticaaly sells them as "scrap" and makes you apply for the title.

Looks like maybe a bunch of M37s stacked up in the background?
                  2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

THANKS!

bucky

Comment

• crew cab alert

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/a...81QSCI11055020

Pictures look pretty good...
                      2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

• Originally posted by 712edf View Post
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w250-...item3cb3d62152

Yes Montana unloaded over a dozen crew cabs last Nov. I see they have appreciated in value somewhat.

Bucky
                        It's been listed 8 times this year and never been bid on. He started at $5975 and the last one he was down to $4399. I caught him between auctions and test drove it the weekend before I bought mine. If he would have willing to deal, I would have bought it. It's a nice truck. Much better than his ad says. Two dents and no rust anywhere. Needed tires and a paint job.
                        I'm sure it will come up again. He had two in his driveway.
                        But then I wonder if he keeps listing it just to appease his wife...

Comment

• Bucky - how far is Lufkin from you?

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/a...71QSCI11233060

Bunch of M880s too.
                          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

• crew cab

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
                            Bucky - how far is Lufkin from you?

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/a...71QSCI11233060

Bunch of M880s too.
                            I would like to purchase a military grille guard identical to the one on that truck. Thanks in advance if anybody has one to sell.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Other Ross View Post
                              I'd really like to find a solid '72-'79 cab.I've got everything else(doors,interior,dash,running gear).

I know this is a old thread but I found a 72 shortbed step side 4x4 crewcab if anybody is interested I will pass on the info plus I have a few more crewcab's stashed around :)

Comment

• Crew cab project

There is a crew cab truck project listed in the magazine ads that isn't very far from me, if anyone needs it looked at. I'd be all over it if I didn't already have so many to finish.

Comment

Working...
                                X